What can stillages be used for?
Stillages are mainly used for the secure and stable storage of heavy-duty items. They are also perfect for safely holding palletised goods, and if you’re short of space, the cupped feet make stacking easy. Stacked stillages occupy air space in the warehouse, storeroom, factory floor or yard, freeing-up capacity at ground level.
Many of our customers prefer to purchase stillages and post pallets, rather than rent. They can then be used as a permanent storage solution, and are particularly popular across the following industries:
The Benefits of Stillages
- With their large weight capacity, stillages of all types are ideal for holding large machinery or storing machine and engine parts and other bulky items.
- Perfect for full pallets of products. The dimensions of our larger stillages are such that they can hold a 1200 x 1000mm UK pallet, or a 1200 x 800mm Euro pallet.
- Variable post sizes allow for different size products to be stored on the post pallets without space being wasted to maximise storage efficiency.
- Demountable post pallets and stillages are remarkably space-efficient when not in use. Remove the posts, and the base units can be simply stacked with the posts resting on top of the bases.
- For return logistics, demounted post pallets occupy minimal vehicle space, helping to reduce transportation costs.
Need Something Different? Bespoke Stillages Made to Order
We have unrivalled expertise when it comes to designing and manufacturing bespoke post pallets and stillages to your specific requirements. The Palletower team have over 50 years of factory floor and warehouse storage solution experience. And with vast manufacturing capacity in the UK, and even more in China, feel free to order in any quantity.
We also have a large volume of ex-stock non-standard stillages ready and waiting to be despatched. With sizes up to and beyond 2 metres long, and weight capacities up to and over 1500 kg, we are proud that over 80% of orders are met directly from existing UK stocks.
If you require something like a stillage but less bulky, Palletower’s box and cage pallets have similar functions and qualities but are smaller and lighter.
Why Choose Palletower For Stillages in the UK?
At Palletower, we recognise that your storage and product handling needs can be numerous, complex, and varied. In the UK, we have a highly experienced design team ready to solve complex stillage requirements and manufacture in small to medium volumes. For larger volumes we have vast capacity within our Chinese factories and can respond quickly, delivering large, high-quality projects to demanding deadlines.
Contact the Palletower team to enquire about our stillages for sale. Whether you wish to buy steel stillages from stock or order a bespoke solution, we can make the process speedy and simple.