How are plastic pallets better than wooden?
All our plastic shipping pallets are made from high quality, high density polyethylene, durable enough for outdoor storage and reusable time after time. Thanks to their one-piece injection moulded construction, there is no danger of splinters or exposed nails causing injury or damage to goods. In fact, there are no nails, screws, or adhesives to fall out or fail.
Wood may slow down supply chains
Regulatory compliance is another major advantage of plastic pallets. Following recently introduced legislation, wooden pallets must meet the ISPM15 standards before they can be shipped from the UK to many countries, including those within the EU.
This means wooden pallets must be heat treated to eradicate any contaminants in or on the wood. A stamp is required to confirm that this treatment has taken place. Plastic pallets need no treatment before the goods they carry can be exported, making them much more
Is there a limit to the weight capacity of plastic pallets?
A Palletower plastic shipping pallet is significantly lighter and more manoeuvrable than an equivalent wood pallet. Plastic pallets do not soak up water as timber does, becoming even heavier as a result. Yet plastic outperforms wood, carrying evenly distributed loads of up to 1000 kg.
Palletower stackable/rackable industrial plastic pallets (PP1210NF and PP1210EP3) are a heavy-duty product with a 1000kg weight capacity.
Our nestable pallets are even more space efficient for return logistics, and their weight capacities are:
- PP1210LN/C 1000kg static/dynamic load capacity
- PP6050LN/C 300kg dynamic load capacity, 800kg static load capacity
- PP1028LN/C 800kg static/dynamic load capacity
Which industries use plastic pallets?
They are used widely across a wide range of industries, wherever goods are transported on vehicles or around warehouses. Typical applications include:
- Logistics, including space efficient return journeys
- Rackable warehouse storage
Because they can be shipped internationally without having to be heat treated, our plastic pallets are increasingly preferred across industries that have traditionally used timber pallets for storage and logistics.
Hygienic plastic is a particularly wise choice for foods, pharmaceuticals and any products requiring sterile conditions such as cleanrooms. Also, for easily damaged items, such as paper, textiles, and packaged goods, they are not at risk from splinters and exposed nails such as with wooden pallets.
What are the benefits of plastic pallets?
- Lighter in weight than wood
- Easy to handle
- Nestable or stackable (depending on the model chosen)
- Compatible with racking systems, forklift trucks, pallet trucks and conveyor systems
- Environmentally friendly, can be made from recycled plastic
- Reusable with longer lifespan than wood
- Consistent in size and strength
- Easy to clean and hygienic
- Water and moisture resistant
- Mould and fungus resistant
- Suitable for cleanrooms and sterile conditions
- Withstand outdoor storage
- One piece construction, no nails, no wooden splinters
- No transit delays for treatment to comply with international shipping regulations
- Standard British and European sizes available
Why choose Palletower plastic pallets?
Numbers are never a problem with Palletower, we have over 250,000 items in stock at any given time, ready for immediate despatch.
Plastic pallets are just one aspect of our range of storage, handling and distribution solutions in steel and plastic, ranging from roll pallets to cages, stillages and boxes. Over 100 product lines in all, making us a global leader and Europe’s most diverse stockist.
Need pallets immediately, or looking for a bespoke solution? Contact the Palletower team at any time.